We Fight For Your Rights.

20 Years of Trial & Courtroom Experience.


Serving Boston Metrowest and South Shore

Powerful Representation

Attorney Bruce Watson is a seasoned trial attorney with over 30 years courtroom experience. He has successfully represented many individuals in the civil and criminal justice systems.

Attorney Profile
Client Reviews
Representative Cases

Criminal Defense

The legal system is complex and confusing and one should never face a criminal charge without  an experienced criminal defense attorney to protect their rights.

Drunk Driving Defense
Domestic Assault 
Drug Possession
Major Felonies

Personal Injury

If you’ve suffered an injury by the fault of another you need a proven personal injury trial attorney to help you obtain the fair compensation you need and deserve.

Auto Accidents
Slip and Falls
Premises Liability
Personal Injury

Get In Touch, Today

If you’ve been charged with a crime or injured by the fault of another…

You Need Powerful and Proven Legal Representation.

When facing a situation involving criminal defense or personal injury, it is extremely important to have formidable legal support from an experienced trial attorney you can count on.  With over 20 years of courtroom experience, Attorney Watson will help you through these challenging times and will help you address the necessary issues to obtain the best possible results so you can focus on what really matters, like your family, your children, your job, and getting your life back on track. When you need courtroom experience and proven success on your side, you need to call Attorney Bruce Watson for a free case evaluation.

Serving Boston Metrowest and Boston South Shore.

Free Consultations (617) 773-4111

What our clients have to say

Criminal Defense Articles

Personal Injury Articles

Does Massachusetts allow pain-and-suffering claims?

Massachusetts allows pain-and-suffering claims in some cases and up to a certain amount. Pain-and-suffering claims are “non-economic” in that they are not seeking to compensate for a price-tagged, financial loss caused either by damage to property or by high medical bills. The latter type are “economic” damages. In Massachusetts, pain-and-suffering claims must usually be filed alongside economic claims. In the case of car accidents, medical claims must exceed $2000 before a pain-and-suffering claim may also be filed. For car accidents, Massachusetts law also expects victims to rely on their own, or the at-fault party’s, insurance coverage before suing. Some states put “caps” on non-economic damage claims. In Massachusetts, there are no such caps, except in the case of medical malpractice. In medical malpractice cases, there is a cap of $500,000 that can be awarded in pain-and-suffering claims. If you are seeking compensation for the financial and emotional toll of an injury, call our office today to discuss your options. 

Read More »

How long do I have in MA to claim injury after an accident?

The Massachusetts General Code explicitly says there is a two-year period in which to claim personal injury after an accident. However, the law also stipulates that you make your claim “as soon as practicable after the accident occurs from which such claim arises” (Title XIV, Section 90, Chapter 34M) Depending on who was found to be at fault in the accident, either your insurance or the other party’s is responsible by law for paying legitimate medical expenses, arising directly from the accident, up to the limits of the relevant policy. They must begin payment on these reported expenses within ten days. However, the insurer can contest the validity of your medical bills. Remember, insurance companies are trying to spend as little as possible on you, no matter how faithfully you make your payments. This is what makes it so important, aside from health reasons, to visit a doctor for treatment and documentation shortly after an accident. The law allows that insurers can demand an injured party “submit to physical examinations by physicians selected by the insurer” As to how often you might have to make a trip to see doctors hand-selected by the insurance company, the law only specifies “as often as may be reasonably required.” Should you think that their demands are unreasonable, they may use your “noncooperation” as a reason to deny you payment. If an insurance company is not giving you your due, call us today to discuss options.

Read More »

Understanding Your Rights in a Car Accident: Massachusetts Personal Injury Claims Explained

You could be driving down I-95 during rush hour when suddenly a person driving a large SUV whips into your lane and causes you to rear-end him. However, there were multiple witnesses who reported to Massachusetts State Police that the other driver was speeding. Three witnesses reported he was weaving in and out of traffic. Suddenly, what could have been your fault is a clear case of reckless driving, but, thank goodness, people were willing to share what they saw with the police. Now, you’re laid up in a nearby hospital awaiting surgery for multiple hip and leg fractures. This type of car accident is more common on Massachusetts highways than one might think. How Much Time Do You Have to File a Lawsuit? A car accident can be devastating, causing you and your dependents to lose your economic stability due to debilitating injuries. In Massachusetts, there is a statute of limitations that limits how long you have to file your claim. Here, as an injured victim, you will typically have three years beginning on the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and his or her insurance company. Your lawsuit may be for economic and non-economic damages for bodily injuries, pain, and suffering. If you’re trying to sue a government entity (i.e. a city, county, or state agency) within this state, then your statute of limitations is only two years. In cases where there’s a latent injury, which means you didn’t know about the permanent bodily damage caused by the accident until a later date, there may be a three-year statute of limitations beginning on the date you discovered it. What is the Threshold Law for Motor Vehicle Accidents? In Massachusetts, there is a minimum threshold that must be met before you can pursue a claim. Your total damages for necessary medical, surgical, x-ray and dental services, including prosthetic devices, and necessary ambulance, hospital, professional nursing and funeral expenses must exceed $2,000 unless the accident causes death, whole or partial loss of a bodily member, whole or partial permanent and serious disfigurement, loss of sight or hearing, or a fracture. Who Was At Fault in the Accident? At first, under the no-fault injury system in Massachusetts, victims must use their own car insurance to cover initial medical expenses. However, if you have injuries that involve a permanent injury, disfigurement, loss of sight or hearing, death, or fracture, you may be able to pursue a tort claim to include medical bills, pain, and suffering. Keep in mind that Massachusetts also has comparative fault rules. If your lawyer believes the at-fault insurance company will offer a settlement early on in your case, these rules may not affect you. However, if the case looks like it could go to trial, the court is not even going to view you as eligible for damages if you’re 50 percent or more responsible for the accident. It’s important to have a qualified personal injury lawyer review the facts in your motor vehicle accident case, which may include hiring traffic investigators, in order to determine if your fault is less than 50 percent. Otherwise, even with a permanent injury, your percentage of fault for the accident may limit your ability to file a claim. Where Do You Start? Getting injured in an accident is a serious legal matter. When you miss time from work due to medical treatment and/or recovering from devastating injuries, the lost wages become part of your case. There are also other expenses such as transportation and medical devices, including prosthetics and mobility equipment (i.e. walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, walking boots, scooters). There are also therapies such as chiropractic, massage, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. These common costs add up quickly, and the providers start calling you trying to collect their fees. You don’t want to be in a position to pay these expenses out-of-pocket, but, in many cases, that’s exactly what happens. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Massachusetts and have questions, we can help. Contact our law office for a free evaluation of your case.

Read More »

Get In Touch, Today

Serving Norfolk County and Plymouth County